Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 13, 2010

Sick Again

Since I take medications that lower my immune system responses, I get sick a lot. If you are a frequent reader to my blog, you already know this from many past blogs on the subject. However, since moving to my present location, I have been much healthier than ever for a few reasons: my wife helps me to eat better; I work from home, so I don't constantly get hit by sick people and people's sick children in an office environment; with the weather here, I don't go out as much so, again, I'm not around as many other people who are carrying their own germs.

My wife goes out of her way to avoid sick people at her office, to keep herself healthy, and to try not to bring anything home. Most of our friends know about my health, so they try to limit exposing me to stuff if they are sick, too. So, overall, I'm better than ever these days.

However, I still get sick. The cold swings, the wet weather, the fact it is unavoidable to go out sometimes, seeing friends (many of whom have children) regularly all do add up and I still get sick. Maybe not as often, but it still happens.

Today the temperature is over 15 degrees Celsius warmer (13) than it was on Saturday (-4). Saturday was cold/snowy, and about 2 inches of snow accumulated. Today it is rainy and much warmer. Those kind of shifts are hard for a body to take so suddenly. On Saturday, I was also out, first seeing friends during the day and then to a Christmas party in the evening, so I was around a total of around 30 people (plus strangers, servers, etc. at the Christmas party). Today, I am headachy, upset stomach, hot/cold swings, congested nasal passages, and just vomited. Go figure. And this is all after I loaded up on Advil Cold/Sinus and was sucking a Halls Defense with Vitamin C.

I'm heading back to bed now for a bit more sleep so that, hopefully, I can get some more work done on my contract today. I've had my PM reschedule the usual Monday meeting until I'm feeling better. Hopefully this will turn out to be something "minor" that I can get over and get back working quickly.

1 comment:

  1. One of my students shared that she drinks green tea when she's ill and it seems to make her feel better sooner than if she does not drink it. Can't hurt ...

    Hope you are back on your feet soon!

    **grotstou: another way to bless a sneeze?

    ReplyDelete