Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 27, 2010

Hurts So (Not) Good

Sometimes, being me hurts more than other times. Today is one of those days. I woke up to a splitting, pounding headache. Within an hour it had turned into a low-level migraine, which caused me to wear my sunglasses in the house and avoid too loud of noises (I wasn't sound sensitive, but I didn't want to push it either). Then a spot on my lower back, on my right side, suddenly decided to swell and cause excruciating pain whenever I moved around.

All this on a day where it snows 5 inches over night and we have to go out and do some shoveling. There is, simply, no way to avoid bright lights when you are in a winter wonderland. The snow reflects and redirects any light like a mirror. The shoveling hurt like hell on my back. By the time we were done, I was easing toward medium strength migraine, my back hurt worse than ever, and I was having hot/cold flashes, was sweaty, and disgruntled.

The migraine eased back with some more Advil and with the darkening of the skies and sunset. The back, however, wasn't touched by the Advil at all and continues to be an issue.

All of this is on top of the slight cough I've had for two weeks now, the stiffness and soreness in my hands, hips, and knees from a general non-flare arthritis issue, and the bloody noses I can't seem to avoid. Oh, and don't forget the upset stomach. Nothing like waking up every day for close to a month with the strong feeling like I'm going to throw up that only gets worse with breathing and talking.

So, all those general symptoms that have plagued me for a couple weeks or long added to the sudden issues of today made for one crappy last day of vacation.

2 comments:

  1. To help with the bloody noses... Consider a humidifier, especially in the bedroom? I'm hit with them every winter, mostly on the season changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you need to see a general practioner to find out what's going on. It may be as simple as a seasonal allergy, but it also could be a low-grade infection that needs attention. When symptoms collide, it's time to address them.

    *dilogi: the art of engaging in dialog.

    ReplyDelete