Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 3, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. I hate it when I'm so tired I can't keep my eyelids up/open, yet I cannot fall asleep. It is 3:30 am and I am exhausted... but can't sleep. All the usual tricks and tips haven't worked yet so far.

2. We had over a foot of snow fall on us in about a 12-13 hour period of time. It is remarkable to see that much snow accumulate on the ground and collect on the deck and porch. What was more amazing is that, after shoveling the walk down to asphalt, not 10 minutes later it was covered in a 1 inch dusting. Unfortunately, this is not good snow-fort or snow-man building snow... too light and fluffy. Sigh.

3. DDO.com has improved a great deal. Strangely enough, they did this improvement by becoming a free game. Not often that you don't spend money to make money, but it worked. The micro-transaction system is not horrible, either, and there is a ton of good content for those who don't want to pay either a monthly or micro-transaction fee. Good word of mouth is bringing more people to the game and you can actually team now. Still doesn't have as good a population as CoH or LOTRO, though. But superior to WoW and CO.

4. Romy is really showing a preference for me over M lately. Not sure why it is so pronounced. He doesn't dislike her, but is seeking me out over her when we are in the same room together.

5. My fingers currently look like overstuffed sausages. Strangely, I'm not having any real arthritis pain to go with the swelling. Lucky I took my wedding ring off the other day, as it started then and has gotten worse over the last few days.

6. I just don't find New Years a big deal. Haven't since a boy, but it gets less-so every year.

7. I really, really am hating Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and any variation thereof. What was a nice party novelty has turned into a common-place noise maker and party divider.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Perhaps insommnia is a sign of superior intelligence?

    2. Unfortunately, there is much more snow heading your way! It is too much too fast, but what are you going to do?

    3. See your blog re: not buying the cow when the milk is free.

    4. You have the cat pheronomes and emit a scent that cats like: always have.

    5. The big fingers could be a by-product of salty snacks?

    6. New Year's is a big deal for the party people, but you run with a different crowd.

    7. Ditto response #6; however, I have it on good authority that Wii offers all kinds of other entertainment and exercise routines that are excellent. I'm stillg rooting for you to spend the Christmas check on a Wii.

    Take care of you and the ones you love.

    *bennonfi

    ReplyDelete