Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

March 14, 2009

ER Closure

Here's what indicates to me that it is good that the once-great show ER is finally closing its doors after this season-- the episode this week with Noah Wyle, Eriq LaSalle, George Clooney, and Julianna Margulies had me caring more about the show than any time in the last 2-3 years. Having those characters back made me interested and involved in the show again.

Neela used to be a decent character, but now she's just the whore of the ER. The annoying prick from Australia is a waste of space. Angela Bassett's character is one-note at best (which is too bad for such a great actress), and John Stamos' character is just, well, a combo of Carter and Greene redux.

As I said to my wife as we watched this week's episode, "It is like putting on a comfortable old pair of shoes" in reference to having Carter, Ross, Hathaway, and Benton back on the show. I want to know what they are doing and what has gone on since they all left the ER. As for the new cast, I had to struggle not to fast forward whenever they were on camera.

So, in the end, it is good that the ER is closing its doors.

2 comments:

  1. For my viewing pleasure, I eagerly await all the summer shows, the off-network offerings that are fresher, more dramatic, offer a different perspective. The networks continue to recycle the same-old/same-old, both series and stars!

    Life, Saving Grace, Flashpoint, Bones, and the Mentalist are some series that caught my eye as I zoomed past the tired network offerings, some of which I wonder why they are still running.

    I think that TV series should expire after 5 seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely felt the same way last week and this week watching ER. It's like coming home to 15 yrs ago and yet moving forward. I'm glad they're finally letting the show rest as it should have years ago.

    ReplyDelete