Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 3, 2009

Head, Part Deux

Today is Saturday and my headache seems finally under control. My shoulders and neck are still stiff and sore, still having occasional dizziness issues, I've done some additional minor injuries to myself along the way, plus felt sick the last two days on top of everything else. This has not been the best way to open up 2009, but what can you do?

The worst was having a sore throat (from the cold) which made it hurt to swallow-- but the externally painful neck and shoulders also made swallowing hurt. So no matter what I did, swallowing was something I did not want to do. But I was sick, so constantly thirsty and feeling a little dehydrated, so I was swallowing... a lot. *sigh

I did re-do our basement area and it is looking more room-like. I probably shouldn't have, because I wasn't feeling well and was still dizzy. I wound up hurting my right shoulder lifting and moving the treadmill by myself, so that sort of put a nail in that coffin. (M's dad got us a treadmill, which I needed to accommodate and I wanted a lot of floor space for DnD group days.)


Fig. 1. From stairs door into room. Walk, M, walk!

Fig. 2. From far corner opposite stairwell door, toward hallway to rest of basement.

Obviously, the room is still in a touch of disarray after changing things around. But there is my lovely wife using the treadmill (while watching Beverly Hills, 90210, first season... Blech!), which is part of the point of the rearrange. I, too, will be partaking of that device with the hope of countering some of the prednisone-inspired (and lack-of-exercise maintained) weight gain I've had the last few months.

I like the placement of the bookcases, too, because they form the area into a bit more of a "room" feel and you don't come down the stairs, enter the room, and immediately see four stacks of wood on the far side.

You can't really make it out in these pictures, but there is a lot of floor room available, so I should be able to put together the two tables and form the DnD setup easily. We also bought two more metal chairs, so we should be able to seat six around it without having to pull chairs from the dining table or office.

The only bad thing is that the nice coffee table that Stew made for M a while back is now being used for the TV in the basement. Not quite the use for which it was intended, but it is a good stop-gap until we figure something else out. Not sure if we are going to modify the legs and bring it back upstairs or what. But it has been used a lot over the last four years as intended, so hopefully it doesn't mind the repurposing for this.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks not just for the headache update, but for including photos of the new living space. What a wonderful way to begin a New Year: with a new room! I love what you've created in the space: enjoy.

    ReplyDelete