Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

January 11, 2009

Embarrassment of Riches

In SoCal, I had one really good DnD group that I played with since about 1995. We started with just four of us, then added one a couple years later, and then added another shortly after that, and then a last person about five years ago. For awhile, wives and girlfriends played. At one point, we had a regular group of eight. Made it hard on the DM, but was great fun to get together with everyone.

Soon, though, the wives drifted off to other things. Real life events made gaming more difficult and we had difficulty getting together even once a month with the regular group.

Now I've moved and I am DMing one group using DnD 4.0 rules and about to join, at least temporarily, another group playing modified 3.5 rules as a player. I'm really looking forward to playing again, as I'm in the mood to play (not saying I don't want to DM, just saying I really want to play). I'm looking forward to this new game, too, because everyone speaks highly of the DM and his style and I'm playing something of a wild-card that will shake things up with the existing group.

I'd really like to play the 4.0 rules, too. I'm hopeful that, over time, the other DM in that group will feel the urge and will create something that I can play in. I look forward to it.

Right now, I'm basking in the ability to have two groups going at once and playing multiple times a month. And my wife is excited about the thought of me being out of the house a little more; maybe she can get some reading done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment