Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 22, 2007

Update

The firefighters got a decent handle on a few of the fires over night-- but then the sun rose this morning at 7:04 am and the Santa Ana Winds started at just about the same time and now nearly every fire is burning back up into a problem.

I decided to work from home, just in case. My fire is being said that it is between 0 and 30% contained, but they are most worried about the southern and western edges. Which, of course, is where I am. The wind is gusting up to 100 mph in areas.

I just heard at least three fire engines go by on either side of me and the smoke and embers are thick in the air. I have all my doors and windows closed, am completely dressed, and have my pack of important stuff ready to take with me. All just in case, but better safe than sorry.

My company's San Diego office is officially closed and those of us in Irvine are supposed to do what we think is necessary to be safe. I have decided to work from home so I can get myself, my stuff, and my cat out if needed.

The firemen have confirmed they have found evidence that the Irvine fire was started via Arson. It is hard to understand why people would do that when there are, not including this one, 10 other fires burning in the area to which the Irvine, Anaheim, Tustin, and other firemen could go to help. But some idiot decided he needed fire here, and the fire fighting resources are now spread incredibly thin on all fronts.

The Governator has declared a State of Emergency and apparently some Arizona firemen are heading this way to help out.

1 comment:

  1. May the fire not get to the point where you have to evacuate!!

    Sending positive vibes for safety for you and everyone in your area!

    ReplyDelete