Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

February 18, 2007

Cravings

I find it odd how we suddenly crave things. I am experiencing the second strong craving I've had in the past couple of weeks.

About two weeks ago and lasting for a little over a week, I was craving salty things. Pickles, chips, pizza, meat, Top Ramen-- anything I could get my hands on that was salty.

This past week that craving died and a new one emerged: chocolate milk. Between Wednesday and today I have consumed a gallon and a half of milk, all as chocolate milk. Today I went to the grocery store, got 4 more half gallon jugs, finished the previous set's gallon and am about half-way through one of the new one's at 2 pm. For me, this means two large scoops of Nesquik chocolate milk powder which is hand-stirred into a glass of milk. You keep the spoon and continue to stir as you drink the milk.

I do not prefer Hershey's syrup, which I know some people use to make choco milk. To me, it doesn't mix as well with the milk and doesn't give the best saturation of chocolate flavoring throughout the glass. However, I also understand proponents of Hershey's syrup when they say that the powders sometimes clump together and can be a little gritty. To each their own.

Back to my main topic; what could it mean that I can't get enough of this particular drink? Is my body craving even more calcium than I usually intake? That's hard to believe with the amount I consume normally. Does it say something that I have gone from salt to milk?

What will the next craving be? And, possibly most important, am I pregnant???!!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment