Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

December 18, 2006

Xmas Ques

From M's blog:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate. Egg nog is gross.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Some of each. I like white outside, in icicle style, because it makes me think of snow and ice. Hey, I come from the desert-- that's a happy thought, there!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
When I get to it, if ever.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Ham. Turkey. I enjoyed the year mom and I had grilled steak.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
The year we did the marathon Xmas trek. We had Xmas in home town, then drove to mom's parent's house and had Xmas there. Then packed into the car and continued north to dad's parent's house and celebrated there. I didn't like all that driving at the time, but looking back it was fun and we got to see a lot of relatives.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth?

9. Do you open a gift on christmas eve?
In order to alleviate some of the tension, parents would allow us to open one gift on the Eve. I don't do that any more, but would likely try to institute that with any children.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I don't generally have a tree. If I do, I like a minimalist approach-- and a theme. Say "blue and silver" for this Xmas, using only those colors and in a tasteful amount. Trees that are overloaded and have no theme tend to look crowded and busy to me. One area where M and I have a decidedly different view of things. ;-)

11. Snow! love it or dread it?
Love it! (see desert comment above)

12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I have always received gifts from my list of things I wanted, so generally all of my gifts were favorites at that time.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Just being calm, happy, and thoughtful.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
A bowl of chocolate ice cream while I read (or now watch) The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching Miracle on 34th Street. One Xmas, I made a point of watching it every time it was on the TV. Managed to see it 23 times. Great movie, in all versions, but the original is the best.

A new one is going to SJ to see fiancee. ;-)

17. What tops your tree?
Whatever.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Neither. Giving frustrates me and receiving often embarrasses me.

19. What is your favorite christmas song?
White Christmas (or, really, anything by Bing) and Last Christmas by George Michael.

20. Candy canes:
Ok. Sometimes nice to have a little peppermint. Good as a stirrer for hot chocolate, btw.

21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Toss up: Miracle on 34th Street and Die Hard.

22. What do you leave for Santa?
Milk and cookies (usually choco chip or sugar)-- soft).

No comments:

Post a Comment