Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 15, 2006

Memory Foam

I have a crappy bed. No bones about it. On my own and with my mom's help, I have looked for ways to improve the bed using foam, extra pillows, and feather-filled toppers.

Last week I purchased a Personal Expression memory foam topper for my bed. Well, actually two, but that is another story. With 3" of memory foam on the bed, my sleep has been deeper, more restful, and better.

The foam does a nice job of molding around me and easing the pressure on my shoulders and back. I have been moving less during the night.

Matter of fact, my only complaint is that I have not quite figured out the heat issues. The memory foam molds around me more than I am used to. Also, the temperatures are getting cooler at night, which causes me to grab my afghan during the night. Then, since the foam has me wrapped up and I have the extra warmth from the afghan, I am getting too warm. When I get too warm, I have trouble waking up. Yesterday I slept in until after 8:30 am and this morning I stayed asleep until 8 am.

However, I am happy to have this issue. I am known for having poor night's rest and only sleeping around 5-6 hours a night. Since adding the memory foam to my bed I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night, and loving it.

I give a serious thumbs up to the memory foam topper. What a great purchase.

2 comments:

  1. That concerns me. I already have to check and make sure you're not dead while you sleep. The fact that you are now moving *less* than before may cause me to start holding a mirror up to your face in the middle of the night!! I've never known anyone to sleep as quietly and still as you.

    You do have a crappy bed, so I am looking forward to testing the foam out myself. I will only add to the heat problems though, since I apparently burn up during my sleep.

    Of course, none of this would be necessary if you could just move here already. I have a very good bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a new bed was the best thing Jody and I ever did. We both sleep better. I think I even snore a little less (probably because I sleep on my side a bit now, where I never did before).

    ReplyDelete