Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 20, 2006

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

My sister gave me an Amazon gift certificate for my birthday. I used it to buy some items, the last of which was the Justice League Season 2 cartoon collection. I just received it in the mail today. In opening the package, I found a free ticket for going to see Superman Returns—a movie on my “must see” list.

How cool is that? The coupon is good for up to $10.50 and for only 1 person, but is also good at any showing (regardless of the “no passes, no coupons” rule of a theatre). The one caveat I have is that I will be in Saint John for this movie and plan to see it with my fiancĂ©e; I have no idea if it will be valid there or if they will accept it. I assume so as Canadians can by this DVD collection too.

As an aside, Daily Variety and Hollywood Reporter gave pretty high marks to an advanced screening of Superman Returns. Both basically said it is an incredible action picture that also has heart. You can read more about it here.

1 comment:

  1. On further reading, the slip that comes with the coupon says "Valid only in America" but the coupon itself does not.

    I will likely see the movie twice anyway, and it is playing at the IMAX here, so I will keep the ticket for that.

    Still really cool!

    ReplyDelete