Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

June 18, 2006

Fun with Mom

Every time I visit my mother, she has a few things she'd like me to do for her. Little "honey-dos" for her son. Which is fine; I usually have no problem with her list of things.

I went out to visit her for her birthday, which was actually nearly 2 weeks ago, but our busy schedules didn't allow for a visit until this weekend.

Today's tasks wound up being installing and setting up her Harmony 880 remote (she saw how much I enjoyed mine, and wanted to eliminate the 5 remotes she had), reading and offering suggestions on a paper she is doing for one of her classes, and painting her front room.

I took care of setting up the Harmony remote while mom went to the store for some fixings for our dinner. Got everything onto the remote with only minimal trouble.

She had nearly a gallon of the tone she used in her bedroom available, and I thought it would go with the front room fairly nicely. It is an off-white with a hint of a sea-foam green in it-- but just a hint. So we prepared the room, pulling all the furniture away from the walls and taking all the pictures and faceplates down.

As a side note-- it was 41­°C at 10:30 am as we were leaving breakfast. And it got hotter. It was still 37°C when I left at 8 pm, with the sun having set nearly an hour earlier.

Now, I don't know about you, but I like to be comfortable when I paint-- especially when it is so darn hot outside and the AC is struggling to cool the place. I think this picture clearly illustrates just how comfortable I need to be.
Go ahead and laugh as much as you need. I'll wait.

Ready? Okay, we're not sure exactly how mom managed to get the angle just right for that picture, but we were in tears when we first looked at it. Apparently I'm very comfortable with my sexuality! ;-)

Here's a slightly better one-- shows I'm actually wearing shorts, not a frilly skirt.
Anyway, we managed to get the entire room painted and trimmed with the gallon we had. It looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. And, other than a few drops of paint on my hands, I had no paint spatters anywhere on me or on my clothes.

We then took a break and ate dinner-- BBQ ribs, rice, and mac/cheese. Yummy.

I then read over and offered suggestions on how to better focus her paper and get her back on track. She had the ideas for a good paper there, she just sort of lost her thought and needed some pushing and prodding to get her back to it. Easily accomplished.

Anyway, another good time "bonding" with mom with a day of projects. I can't help but wonder-- what will be in store the next time I visit? And will that sexy skirt be waiting for me??? :-D

1 comment:

  1. In my defense, my son offered to paint the living room--I did NOT ask him to do so. I clarified that he really wanted to paint before we began pulling out the furniture and prepping with the blue tape.

    This is one of the nicest birthday gifts I had as it was a project that needed to be done, and I'm a bit iffy about standing on ladders after my fall off one.

    Son was also helpful about pulling out and then putting back against the wall the pieces of furniture involved in the project completion.

    Thanks again, son, for all your help.

    ReplyDelete