Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 8, 2010

That Time of the Year Again

Last night, got tired finally around 3-3:30am. The night before, 5:30 am. The night before that, 5 am. The night before that, 4ish.

As I get older and feel like I need more consistent sleep, these 2-3 periods of the year where I can't sleep well are dragging me down much harder. And I'm not young enough to bounce back and pretend to not be running at half capacity any more. I slept from about 4am (took a bit after going to bed to fall asleep) until my alarm at 8:30, got out of bed at 9:30 after an hour's fitful sleep, and feel like utter crap now at 11:15.

On top of it, if you aren't feeling well, the lack of sleep can make you feel even worse. I had a touch of a bug last week and now I'm feeling really bad because of the sleeplessness. My body hasn't had its time to fight it off and get better.

1 comment:

  1. The doctor determined that the constant pain in my knee since last Thanksgiving has left me depressed, so prescribed Elavil to help me sleep and elevate my mood. I took one of those and a pain pill, as directed, and not only slept as if I were dead for 12 hours, but could hardly function.

    Additionally, I had the worst nightmares I can recall ever having, including the time I screamed at the top of my lungs and scared the crap out of you! I had green webs enveloping me, mile-high stacks of books I had to inventory, actors pretending to be Nazi's pulling a scam, and a room filled with white rats.

    Needless to say, I stopped taking the sleeping pills. If you want to try them, I can almost guarantee you'll sleep, but I'm not sure the nightmares are a worthwhile price to pay!

    ReplyDelete