Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

July 12, 2009

Wood-Fest Update

I got the first load of wood down to a very small section. I was doing other tasks around the house during the hottest part of the day on Friday and Alex apparently chose that time to come, dump the trailer full of wood, and take off. So when I next walked outside to, I had hoped, finish what was there, I instead walked out to a completely full pile of wood.

"Fuck," I said, and walked back into the house, took off my gloves, and did other things. I was expecting it, I knew more wood needed to be hauled and stacked, but it still was disconcerting to have that pile "miraculously" renew itself while I was busy doing other things.

Saturday was DnD, so that was out. Well, okay, I had the late afternoon, and since the sun doesn't set here until about 9:15 pm, a few hours in which I could have stacked wood. But Saturday was my "play" day for DnD, so I didn't choose to. Sunday I wanted to hit it, but it rained most of the day. After getting so sick from being out in the damp weather before, I'm not pressing it and chose not to go out in it today.

I'll hit it again sometime soon, the next day it is not actively raining, and try to get more into the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment