Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

July 26, 2009

Second Week Money Totals for HP:H-B Prince

After seeing the movie, and then reading comments from a wide selection of fans and non fans on blogs and among my group of friends here, I went on record by telling M that I felt that the movie would drop by "between 60 and 65% in its second weekend." I just got the preliminary numbers from Box Office Mojo and it is currently listed in second place in its second weekend and dropped... 61.5%. Only about 1% off from being the worst drop of any HP movie to-date (Azkaban dropped 62.7% in its second weekend -- but, ironically, is considered by many to be the best film in the series now. Ah, hindsight, you are so perfect).

A lot of people are in essence saying the same thing I did: the book was exciting enough, was fairly "cinematic" already, and the story and culmination is such a strong lead in to the last book, that the changes made took most if not all of that away. A lot of people are also questioning what they will do in the two movies for book seven with the changes made in this one-- it seems even less likely that two movies are now needed (many were questioning that decision, as do I).

No comments:

Post a Comment