Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

August 11, 2006

A Breeze?

A few years ago, in June 2004, I purchased a pair of Ionic Breeze Quadras, and I got a bathroom-sized Breeze for free with the purchase. I got one for myself and one for my mom. As a pet owner and one who lives in a very small apartment, I noticed a big difference having the Ionic Breezes working. Mom has often commented on how effective hers is at helping to control her asthma issues.

My apartment recently experienced a few power outages and I noticed after one of them that neither of my Ionic Breezes were working. I tried unplugging, cleaning, and replugging them. I tried plugging them in while holding down the on switch, as many devices use that as a form of reset/reboot. Nothing.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to contact Sharper Image, from whom I had purchased the Quadras, to see if there was anything they could do to help me. I expected them to maybe walk me through a reset process, or just tell me that there was nothing that could be done. I was fairly sure that there would be no warranty, as I had not purchased the "extended" warranty and I assumed that any limited warranty would be long over.

You can imagine my surprise when Rebecca, the customer support rep I got when I called, said that the Quadra had a 5-year warranty and all I had to do was send it back and they would send me a new one, free. As to the blown bathroom Ionic Breeze, they would just ship me a new one-- no reason to send that one back.

I have since received an email with my UPS Return Label that I need to print out. I just need to send back the malfunctioning Quadra and Sharper Image will send me the replacement. Luckily, I kept my original box, so I can repackage it and send it back in that.

At the time I purchased them, Sharper Image had a special deal going but the Ionic Breezes were still pretty darn expensive. However, with customer support like this from the company, I am now feeling like the price paid was well worth it. I will be much more likely to purchase from their company in the future after this (so far) very positive experience.

I'll let you know how the rest of the process goes.

1 comment:

  1. Don't want to sound ... hm, not cynical, but perhaps eager to take advantage of a good thing, but it'd be great for me too to have a power outage resulting in damage to the unit--and then I could have the newest model too! However, mine is functioning well and we haven't had any of the power outages we had all last summer. Bummer, dude.

    ReplyDelete