Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 6, 2004

April Fools?

Google announced on April 1st a new email system that they plan to introduce in the near future. Many were skeptical of the announcement, as this company has a history of doing April Fools pranks. However, it appears to be legitimate.

This new system promises to allow EACH person's mailbox to be 1 GIG in size, doesn't need you to maintain (by moving or deleting emails) it, and uses Google's patented search features to aid you in finding the right email in your box.

All this for free.

The only thing I didn't see is whether they provide any sort of anti-spam programs with that. If not, I bet the 1 GIG will be reached much sooner than they envision! I currently receive between 200 and 300 spam emails into my Bulk email box a day in my Yahoo! account. Multiply that out, and it adds up quickly.

Hopefully this email system will be safe, secure, and simple. If so, I expect to use it whenever it is launched to the open public (it is currently in beta).

No comments:

Post a Comment