Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

October 24, 2009

Marathon Man

So the dream I dreamed all night long involved me having a secret Macguffin of some sort and running from those who wanted it. And by running I mean the dream started in something that looked a lot like my home town area of 29 Palms and ended with me still hiding out in someplace cold and very wet, much like where I live now.

The upshot of all this is that I am now awake, my body is sore as hell, and I'm tired. There is nothing worse than waking up from a "good night's rest" tired. And by a good night's rest I mean that I went to bed at a decent time, fell asleep at a decent time, and slept the entire night through. But I'm so damn tired now, in the morning, and feel beat up from the many harrowing escapes, runs, and fights I was in to keep the mysterious Macguffin from "their" hands.

I can barely twist side to side because my ribs ache so much. Both hands and wrists are sore from the bare knuckle fights I had along the way. And my feet and legs are simply tired from the huge distances and long hours I had to spend running.

Now I'm going to spend the day fatigued when I did everything right and should feel rested and willing. It is sometimes hard to believe your brain can be so powerful as to convince you that you are in these types of situations! I may have to look for a nap sometime this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. In my dream last night, I was involved in some sort of disaster that left a residence hanging on the edge of a sea cliff. When I moved toward the door, the building tilted and fell off the cliff and into the ocean. Because I could not swim, I panicked -- and woke up.

    After watching midnight TV for a couple of hours (mind-numbing at best), I finally went back to sleep -- and had the same dream again! As the cold sea water rushed toward me, I woke up and this time, I just got out of bed and started my day.

    Cicadian rhythms are really a bitch, aren't they?

    verification word: kermin

    ReplyDelete