Copyright

All blog posts, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted to the Author (that's me) and may not be used without written permission.

April 30, 2009

What the Hell Hit Me?

So, yesterday I'm working at home. I stop a bit late to eat lunch, consisting of Top Ramen beef flavor and chocolate milk. No sooner do I finish than my stomach starts hurting. Not bad, but I figure something just went down wrong.

Over the course of the next hour, the pain becomes unbearable; it hurt to breath, it hurt to swallow, I thought I might vomit, I developed a bad headache, and my breathing became shallow (as it hurt too much to breath deeply). I also developed a cough and started having cold flashes.

M got home around 6:30 pm, and by then I was simply laying on the couch, coughing and hurting and not wanting to do much. The cold flashes had started getting severe; I would shake uncontrollably.

Went to bed early and fell asleep quickly. Woke up today with the same level of headache, my abdomen still sore but not as bad, and still a bit of a nauseated feeling. Luckily, the cough seems to have gone away and so far no cold flashes. Took another long nap after getting up, but still don't feel all that great, though.

Not sure what the hell hit me last night, but it seems closest to food poisoning or an allergic reaction to something. Not sure from what; Top Ramen can survive nuclear fallout and the milk for the chocolate milk is still good.

Needless to say, I'm going to take it slow today and recover. Next on the list, some bland toast. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Could very well be something in the water that caused the reaction. Be careful, too, in crowds as the swine flu strain is making its way world-wide. You never know who is going to harbor it, sneeze, and let it run free to attack your weakened immune system.

    Literally, the east end of the valley is shutting down because someone finally figured out that 2/3 of the population in that area regularly commutes to Mexico and lives in conditions that sometimes are not conducive to health.

    We old people and those with chronic immune issues are being hit hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for MSG. I've known people who had some of the same symptoms from it. You might need to add MSG to your list of foods to avoid (as if you need another one of those).

    ReplyDelete