Thoughts on this--
- It shreds the emotions to get together, have some incredibly lovely days together, and then be ripped apart because one of us has to go.
- It is very hard to focus at work when you are emotional.
- We must get some resolution soon, as this is tough. Tougher than tough!
- She's a much better packer than I am.
- I have the benefit of a full wardrobe at her place, so can generally take just a carry-on with me.
- St. Cecilia's is the best Catholic church we have found here. More traditional than any of the others.
We did manage to spend 4 incredible days together. I took her to my home town and showed her what a small desert community is. I think she was shocked, surprised, and a little overwhelmed (or maybe underwhelmed). It is a quiet place, hot, with just over 26k people in it. We saw all the sights I could think to show her in under an hour (not including the National Park-- which is just more desert).
We discussed our current situation in detail and have some plans of actions and some resources to search. We also came to a decision on the cat. We have had some movement with the lawyer and with a possible job that I can do from Canada, so our fingers are crossed on both fronts. But we still seem to have many miles to go before we sleep. *sigh
The countdown is now on for (American) Thanksgiving (she comes back and we can hopefully visit some more people this time). And then again for Christmas (I go there).